Firefighters quickly douse fire at Arrowhead residence in Edwards | VailDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Firefighters quickly douse fire at Arrowhead residence in Edwards

Daily staff report
newsroom@vaildaily.com
A grill left on overheated some siding on an Arrowhead home and started this fire. Firefighters from the Eagle River Fire Protection District quickly doused the blaze.
Eagle River Fire Protection District |

EDWARDS — A gas grill left on sparked a house fire in Arrowhead.

At about 6:30 p.m. on Monday, firefighters from the Eagle River Fire Protection District were called to a structure fire at a single-family residence.

Crews arrived to find an exterior wall ablaze, with flames pushing into the home’s interior.



The fire was extinguished before it could move to the roof or other areas of the home, said Tracy LeClair, public information officer with the fire district.

The fire appears to have started in the siding of the building, next to a propane grill that had accidentally been left on. Over time, the siding overheated and eventually began to burn, LeClair said.



“Summer months are what’s typically considered barbecue season,” LeClair said. “Even when there’s snow on the ground, it’s important to exercise safe grilling practices year-round.”

The National Fire Protection District has some safety recommendations for barbecue grills:

• Propane and charcoal barbecue grills should only be used outdoors.



• The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.

• Keep children and pets away from the grill area.

• Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.

• Never leave your grill unattended.


Support Local Journalism