Infant dies while being bathed in Longmont home | VailDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Infant dies while being bathed in Longmont home

LONGMONT, Colo. – Longmont police say a 10-month-old boy died while being given a bath by his caretaker, and that evidence of drug use was found in the home.

No one has been arrested in the Thursday morning death.

Police obtained a warrant and searched the home later in the day. The results haven’t been released.

Police Cmdr. Tim Lewis says investigators are “highly suspicious” when infants die in bathtubs.

The cause of death hasn’t been released. Paramedics tried to revive the baby at the home and then took him to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Lewis says neither the caretaker nor the baby lived in the home, but it wasn’t clear why they were there. Lewis says they were apparently the only ones present.

No names have been released.

___

Information from: Daily Times-Call, http://timescall.com/


Support Local Journalism


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User