Vail Daily column: What the Hatch Act says
November 15, 2016
Leader, Jane M., nee Mary Jane Moody, age 82, of Westlake, Ohio, born in Dallas, Texas, deceased Nov. 13. She is preceded in death by her son James R. Leader; daughter, Pamela S. Leader; and husband, Charles R. Leader, Jr. She is survived by her son Charles R. Leader III (June); and grandson, "Rob" Charles R. Leader IV. She was diagnosed with stage IV adenocarcinoma in August and it progressed rapidly. She was a graduate of The Hockaday School of Dallas and attended Rollins College of Winter Park, Florida, where she met and to whom was married for 53 years, Marine Corps Capt. Charles R. Leader Jr. She was a longtime resident of Fairview Park, Ohio, and Vail.
Jane was active in local civic organizations, bridge and collector clubs and was an authority on French and German antique dolls. She was a watercolor artist and a teacher. As a devout Christian, she was a trusted counselor. As an athlete, she excelled at snow skiing, swimming, diving and tennis, as a member of Westwood Country Club and Avon Oaks Country Club. The Leader family wishes to acknowledge the staff of Brighton Gardens and the staff of Hospice of the Western Reserve and thank them for the exemplary care provided.
Memorial services will be held at Hope Christian Church, 32625 Detroit Road, Avon OH 44011 on Saturday, Nov. 19 at 11 a.m. To be interred at Sunny Side Cemetery, Sugar Hill, New Hampshire. In lieu of flowers, please donate to her charity of choice, The Salvation Army. Arrangements by Jenkins Funeral Chapel Westlake.
Trending In: Opinion
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Backcountry Hunters & Anglers encourage sportsmen to vote public lands and waters (column)
- Maybe it’s time to wipe the slate clean in Avon on Election Day (letter)
- Diane Mitsch Bush most qualified to represent 3rd Congressional District (letter)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Hahnewald barn’s proposed first move would cost $390K, take up 12 parking spaces in downtown Avon