La Tour in Vail Village presents wine dinner hosted by Scott Woodward
If you go …
What: Wine dinner hosted by Scott Woodward.
When: 5-10 p.m. Thursday, April 21.
Where: La Tour Restaurant & Bar, 122 E. Meadow Drive, Vail.
Cost: Dinner is $38, and wine pairings are $35.
More information: Dinner is available all night, 5 to 9:30 p.m., and regular menu is available, as well. For reservations, call La Tour at 970-476-4403.
Appellation wine dinner menu
• First course — Lobster avocado salad and coconut white gazpacho, with grapes, marcona almonds, cucumbers, jalapeno, pickled red onions and cilantro, paired with 2014 Tangent, Albarino, Paragon Vineyard, Edna Valley, California.
• Second course — Rocky Mountain trout meuniere, with haricots verts and lemon brown butter, paired with 2013 Baileyana, Chardonnay, Firepeak Vineyard, Edna Valley, California.
• Third course — Green garlic-crusted pork flat iron, with pickled ramps, roasted baby carrot and bacon jam, paired with 2013 Baileyana, Pinot Noir, Firepeak Vineyard, Edna Valley, California.
• Fourth course — Cocoa- and coffee-rubbed buffalo medallions, with tomato tarte tatin, baby kale, black pepper and blackberry gastrique, paired with 2013 True Myth, Cabernet Sauvignon, Paso Robles, California.
• Mignardise — Madeleines and chocolate truffles.
VAIL — La Tour Restaurant & Bar is teaming up with Appellation Wine Co. to host a wine dinner to enlighten the novice, as well as delight the most sophisticated palate, on Thursday at La Tour in Vail Village. Scott Woodward, partner and co-founder of Appellation Wine Co., will host the four-course meal, which will be paired with Albarino, chardonnay, pinot noir and cabernet sauvignon.
Woodward has experience in most aspects of vineyard growing and wine making, garnered from his time in California and Burgundy, France. After graduating from the University of Colorado in 1991 with a bachelor’s degree in political science, he became assistant wine buyer at Ashbury Market in San Francisco. Having spent time in both the retail and restaurant sides of the industry, in 1993, Woodward moved to Chicago as an account executive for Heritage Wine Cellars, a fine-wine distributor.
Woodward joined Chalone Wine Estates in 1994 as mountain regional sales manager and become sales director over an 11-year period. After the sale of Chalone Wine Estates to Diageo in 2005, he spent a year with Diageo managing the integration of 11 wineries into the new company before founding Appellation Wine Co. in 2006.
Woodward is a partner and co-founder of Appellation Wine Co., a sales, marketing and consulting company focused on working with family-owned vineyards and wineries in California. He resides in Evergreen with his wife, Michelle, and three sons, Jon, Will and Russ. In addition to the wine industry, Woodward is also an owner and board member of the Hog Island Oyster Co., following his passion for food and wine.
For more information about Appellation Wine Co., visit http://www.appellation winecompany.com.