Vail clean-up day set for Saturday, May 8
Vail’s annual spring clean up is scheduled for May 8, rain or shine, from 8 a.m. to noon
Volunteers will gather to clean up neighborhood streets, parks and bike paths in what has become an annual event. The clean-up will conclude with a free barbecue lunch at Donovan Park donated by area businesses.
As in previous years, the town will give the first 150 participants a $25 donation to their favorite local charity. Registration begins at 8 a.m. at the Donovan Pavilion. Participants are encouraged to bring work gloves and sunscreen. Trash bags will be provided by the town.
Persons under the age of 17 must sign a liability release form before participating. Forms are available in advance at the town’s community development department or on the town’s web site at http://www.vailgov.com.
In addition to the community cleanup, the town will offer free curbside pickup of non-hazardous items, such as couches, mattresses and other furniture on May 7. To make an appointment, call the town’s Public Works Department at 479-2158 no later than April 30.
Support Local Journalism
Free dumpsters to dispose of items such as televisions, bed springs and small furniture also will be placed in three locations throughout the community for removal on May 11. The locations are: the North Trail parking lot in West Vail, East Vail parking lot on the south side of Interstate 70 and the parking lot at Ford Park. Disposal of construction waste, landscaping material, tires, hazardous waste or refrigerators is not permitted.
Other scheduled clean-up days in Eagle County include:
• Community Pride Highway Clean Up: 9 a.m. to noon, May 1. Call 827-5406 to volunteer.
• Highway 6 Clean Up between Eagle and Gypsum, May 8. Call 328-8726 for details.
• Avon: Curbside trash pickup May 10-14. Call 748-4100.
• Minturn: TBA. Call 827-5645.
• Free Eagle County Dump Day: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., May 15 at Eagle County Landfill. Call 926-3626.
• Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 29 at the Eagle County Landfill. To schedule an appointment to drop off items, call 926-3626 on or after May 10.