Trump’s success is measured not only by one trait but on numerous factors (letter)
February 3, 2018
Success is measured not only by one trait
I must commend Robert Truscheit for his response ("Party before personality, principles before politics," Robert Truscheit, Tuesday, Jan. 30) that Richard Carnes has been so eagerly awaiting ("Still waiting for character defense," Richard Carnes, Tuesday, Jan. 23).
I found it refreshing to see his response did not contain the snide innuendos, insulting names or the sensationalism that Carnes' approach took. The letter was precise, truthful, factual and pointed out that all men, women and children have faults. Yes, Carnes, even you and opposing party candidates and elected officials, as well. I am sure that is difficult to fathom, but rest assured, it is true. And I suppose verbally expressing what one thinks and believes represents what Carnes would call a personality flaw.
Success is measured not only by one trait (personality, as Carnes purported) but on numerous factors that cover a very wide range of areas. We have clearly seen many successes by President Donald Trump, and yet the mainstream media continues to focus only on the sensationalism purported by numerous liberal talking heads who, when asked about specific accomplishments, prefer to alter the narrative and resort to unsubstantiated stories that are most likely found in the tabloids at the grocery check out lines.
I again thank Truscheit for his non-cynical and non-skeptical response in a precise fashion to Carnes. Perhaps it would be a good idea for many to read his letter in an open-minded fashion and realize whether they like Trump or not, he is attempting with success to fulfill promises made during his campaign, a campaign that elected him president.
Many of these accomplishments have been endorsed in the past by his opposition, but now that he is the proposer and author, they have suddenly become terrible ideas. That can hardly be called open-minded and concern for constituents.
Recommended Stories For You
Robert J. Graff
Highland Beach, Florida
Trending In: Opinion
- Avoid encounters and do your part to protect wildlife in Eagle County year-round (letter)
- Vice President Mike Pence recognizes Mikaela Shiffrin, hometown of Eagle-Vail (letter)
- Town of Vail went overboard with short-term rental license process (letter)
- Our View: Monday’s power outage a reminder of how good we have it (editorial)
- Follow the NRA money: It leads to Sen. Cory Gardner (letter)
- Whistle Pig Vail: Everything you need to know about the new summer concert series coming to Vail
- With gold and silver, Mikaela Shiffrin savors the ‘incredibly sweet’ moment
- History of Avon, Part 1: Town of Avon celebrating 40th birthday on Saturday, Feb. 24
- Alterra reveals Ikon Pass pricing; Aspen-Snowmass role includes 7 days combined
- It’s a family matter: Gisin wins gold in combi; Shiffrin second